What is an Earthquake Shut-off Valve and Why you need them?
When you feel the ground start shaking, you’ll need an earthquake shut-off valve to turn-off your main gas line instantly to prevent an even bigger disaster that can leave your home in a pile of rubble. Residential and commercial owners in Bend, Eugene, Portland, and Salem, Oregon experience 15 to 20 earthquakes a year with differing degrees of severity. Without a shut-off valve to help you, an earthquake can bring damage to your natural gas line and create a large fire hazard that can make your entire home go up in flames. Earthquake shut-off valve will keep your home and your family safe from gas leaks that can cause:
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Foul Odors, and more.
Why Do You Need Earthquake Shut-off Valve?
Being stuck in the middle of an earthquake without any help or assistance is scary enough, so don’t take any further risks with your safety and allow us to keep your home safe by installing an earthquake shut-off valve now. Here’s why it’s a must-have in your home.
- Gas Line Preservation: Even the smallest damage to your main gas line can cause enormous consequences. If an earthquake cause severe damage to your gas line and you don’t have access to a shut-off valve, then it may require you to spend more money on repair to get it restored. Much worse, a natural gas leak can cause your home going up in flames placing your home and family at risk. An earthquake shut-off valve protects your gas line, your money, and your life.
- Improved Home Safety: Even with an earthquake shut-off valve, you can still experience extensive damage during a natural disaster. However, while you’re trying to protect your property and lives of your family from disaster, the earthquake shut-off valve will improve your home’s safety. Once your gas line is safe, it’s one less thing you have to worry about when you need to focus on having everyone safe.
- Safety while at Work: Earthquakes don’t wait for you to be at home, and you may find your place in the office when it happens. Because of this, you’ll be unable to turn off any gas service to your home, having earthquake gas valves installed will provide you the peace of mind that your home has not caught on fire, exploded, or put the lives of your loved ones or neighbors in immediate danger.
Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling are pleased to provide Bend plumbers, Eugene plumbers, Portland plumbers, and Salem plumbers to our Oregon customers; Bellevue plumbers, Seattle plumbers, Spokane plumbers, Tacoma plumbers, and Vancouver plumbers to Washington, and Las Vegas plumbers to Nevada. We truly care and value the safety of our clients that’s why we recommend installing an earthquake shut-off valve as soon as possible.
You may want to check out our other plumbing articles:
- 5 Plumbing Mistakes in Kitchen Remodeling
- Hire the Perfect Oregon Plumber
- Avoid Bathroom Remodeling Nightmare
- When to Replace My Faucet
- 5 Toilet Maintenance Tips
- Anatomy of a Water Leak
- Tank vs. Tankless Water Heaters
- Beat The Heat With These Cool Tips
- Easy Water Saving Tips
- What’s a Sump Pump and Do I Need One?
- Read Your Water Heater for Fall and Winter