For many residents of Central Oregon, the 2017 fire season has been particularly inescapable for the last few weeks, as fires closed highways, choked the region down with acrid smoke and put communities on alert for evacuation.
Wildfires and weather patterns are unpredictable and can send irritating and dangerous smoke into Oregon communities. As of Aug. 29, 58 large fires have burned 457, 305 acres in Oregon — more than double the totals this time last year.
In Central Oregon, one of the most prime impacts has been the smoke from the fires. Here are the health risks and HVAC indoor air quality solutions for you:
Wildfire Smoke and Health Risks
Smoke is composed of primarily small particles, gases, and water vapor with trace amounts of hazardous air pollutants. The most damaging are the small particles or particulate matter less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter — smaller than the diameter of a human hair. These particles can be inhaled deeply into the lungs, destroying lung tissue and inducing respiratory and cardiovascular problems.
Wildfires are a major source of air pollution in Central Oregon and Pacific West. Symptoms from short-term smoke exposure can vary from a scratchy throat, cough, headaches, runny nose, irritated sinuses, and stinging eyes to more serious issues. People with emphysema, asthma, congestive heart disease, and other existing medical conditions can have more severe reactions to smoke and poor indoor air quality. Also, children and the elderly are high-risk groups for long-term smoke exposure.
That’s why Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling offers Lennox Healthy Climate PCO3-16-16 Air Purification System and SolaceAir Indoor Air Quality Systems to protect the quality of the air inside your home.
Indoor Air Quality System Options
Lennox Healthy Climate PCO3-16-16 Air Purification System
This Healthy Climate system is an all-in-one solution for everything in your air.
Healthier, Cleaner, and Reliable Home Comfort:
- Attacks all three types of contaminants, providing a safer and healthier home environment:
- Particles: small breathable particles such as dust, pollen, and pet dander
- Bioaerosols and Microorganisms: Dust mites, viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and fungi
- Odors and Chemical Vapors: Cooking smells, pet odors, cleaning supplies and paints
- Eliminates 99.9% of particles absorbed by the lungs, such as infectious bacteria and smoke down to 0.3 micron
- Removes over 90% of bioaerosols including airborne viruses such as MRSA, flu and cold viruses
- Eliminates household odors and chemical vapors
- Utilizes the no.1 rated MERV 16 Carbon Clean media filter
- Quality you can trust, designed with reliable, time-tested components
- Whole-home purification works with any brand of heating & cooling system and much more.
SolaceAir Indoor Air Quality Systems
SolaceAir protects the air quality of your home by clearing harmful particles, biohazards such as viruses, and gases from chemicals. With SolaceAir you can:
- Eliminate the dirt and dust that accumulates inside your HVAC system
- Restrict the allergens that cause allergic reactions and asthmatic attacks
- Limit and deactivate organisms such as bacteria, viruses, mold, spores, and germs
- Eliminate the noxious odors made by people, pets, smoke, carpets, solvents, and vinyl coverings
- Remove the toxins created by pressed-wood products and other materials that cause human ailments
Guaranteeing your Safety and Comfort
In this time of natural disaster, monitoring your home isn’t always the easiest task to remember. But for the sake of your family’s safety and wellness, it must be done. Contact Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling at 888-671-7767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get expert air quality, plumbing, heating & cooling, water heater, and sewer & main line solutions, and improve the comfort of your home in no time! We care about your family’s health and well-being so let us help you by cleaning the air you breathe every day.
You may want to check out our other plumbing articles:
- Hurricane Harvey: How To Help the Storm’s Victims
- Save Money with Water Maintenance
- Remove and Prevent Bathroom Mold
- 2017 Shriners Run for a Child
- Installing a Tankless Water Heater
- Are Your Plumbing Pipes Worn Out
- Bradford White Water Heaters Review
- .Solar Eclipse Myths / Solar Eclipse Guide
- Risks of an Inexperienced Plumber
- Plumbing Tips Before Your Vacation
- Plumbing Leaks that Can Attract Pests