Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away
Before we indulge in our home cook turkey and pumpkin pie, we want to ensure that our homes are all set for holiday guests, and our kitchens can handle the extra workload. The following tips will be sure to help your Thanksgiving dinner run smoothly.
Home Prep Tips:
- Clean Out the Fridge: Cleaning your refrigerator this weekend before Thanksgiving will prep your fridge for fresh groceries and Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Prepare What You Can Ahead of Time: Start searching online for that fried or smoked turkey recipe or pick out the best procedure to make a pumpkin or apple pie.
- Turn Down the Thermostat: Lower your thermostat when you start cooking for Thanksgiving dinner. The oven will heat up the house, plus you’ll save money!
- Remember that Not Everything Goes in the Disposal: Putting food scraps in the garbage disposal might seem like a simple clean up — but our garbage disposals can become clogged or damaged if we put turkey bones, celery, or potato peels inside. Remember to be mindful of what you put down there to prevent any Thanksgiving plumbing problems.
- Throw Away Grease: When cooking with fat and oil, be sure to keep it out of your drains! Instead, throw grease away in a sealed container to avoid plumbing disasters.
- Run Water After Using the Disposal: Run your kitchen faucet for a few minutes after you use your garbage disposal. It will help wash everything down smoothly.
- Remind Guests to Be Mindful: If you are expecting to have a house full of guests, remind them not to flush paper towels, sanitary napkins, flushable wipes, cotton balls, or anything that can harm your toilet.
In Case of an Emergency
If you do encounter any problems with your plumbing, heating & cooling, and water heater this Thanksgiving, don’t hesitate to give Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling a call! Our professional plumbers and technicians are here to help you clear your drains, and ensure that everything gets right back on schedule.
Contact us today at 888-671-7767 or email us at email@example.com for quality service in Oregon, Washington, and Nevada.
You may want to check out our other plumbing articles: